Association of the Chemical Profession of Saskatchewan (ACPS)
The Association of Chemical Profession of Saskatchewan (ACPS) is the voice for Professional Chemists in the Province of Saskatchewan. Along with our peer organizations in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia, and the Chemistry Professional Committee of the Canadian Society for Chemistry, the ACPS is part of a national movement to raise the profile and recognition of the Profession of Chemistry.
The ACPS is working towards legal recognition of the profession of chemistry, in line with our peers from across the country. Self-regulation of the profession will provide mobility and recognition for Saskatchewan chemists, and an essential means for Saskatchewan industry and government to recognize qualified professional chemists.
- Professional Ethics Course in Regina, SK: March 13, 2015: Many Saskatchewan chemists are members of the Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta (ACPA). Ethics training will be a requirement for ACPA membership, prior to the end of 2016. To aid Saskatchewan members, a course will be offered in Regina in early 2015. See http://www.pchem.ca/posts/44
- The ACPS is developing advice for members on the new Saskatchewan Environmental Code, in particular the Qualified Persons (QP) requirement for sign off on chemical tests, particularly in relation to notices of site condition. Members are asked to email email@example.com for more information.
- Errors and Omissions insurance is now available to APCS members (see link; contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- July 2013 APCS newsletter
Join us! ACPS Membership Form
- Our third membership meeting was held August 25, 2014 at the University of Saskatchewan
- The Federation of Canada's Professional Chemists (FCPC) is launched, with the ACPS as a founding member (June 1, 2014)
- Our second membership meeting was Saturday, August 31, 2013, at the University of Regina.
- Our first membership meeting was held December 8, 2012, at the University of Regina
Email email@example.com to join our mailing list.
Join the ACPS group on LinkedIn